3 Modules / 11 Topics / 1.5 – 3 hours
Learn more about developing your supervisory skills
This online Introduction to Supervision course will teach you everything you need to know about supervision, from the three supervisor core competencies to employee relationships. All managers have the responsibility for ensuring that other employees are doing their jobs effectively. Managers with an effective grasp of supervision are invaluable to any organization, take this online course today to improve your supervision skills.
Supervision is the task of overseeing the work of other staff in a business or organization. The course Introduction to Supervision teaches you about the key skills necessary to become an effective supervisor. The course begins by introducing you to what supervision is and describes the responsibilities of a supervisor. You will learn about a range of topics associated with supervision and gain knowledge on the five keywords of supervision, the five traits of a great supervisor core competencies.
The course allows you to expand your knowledge on what makes a good supervisor by delving into areas that are vital to strengthening the relationships between a supervisor and his/her employees. You will learn about the value of trust among your employees and the importance of understanding that people are motivated by different things. You will learn about the different responsibilities and principles of a supervisor and when delegation is needed in your work. This course will be of great to both existing supervisors wishing to strengthen their skills and become more effective at their job, and employees who are hoping for career progression into the field of supervision.
Module 1: The Theory of Supervision
- Learning outcomes
- Introduction to supervision
- Fundamentals of supervision
- Lesson summary
Module 2: What Makes a Good Supervisor
- Learning outcomes
- Qualities of a supervisor
- Why are good supervisors so important
- Everyday functions of a good supervisors
- Lesson summary
Course Assessment – Certificate
After completing this course, you will:
- Define supervision
- List the responsibilities of a supervisor
- Define leadership
- Describe the principles of leadership
- Explain how to delegate successfully
- Describe some ways a supervisor can motivate their employees
- Explain why trust is important in the workplace
- Define what supervisors have an impact on
- Distinguish between coaching and mentoring
To successfully complete this Certificate course, you need to achieve 80% or higher in the assessment. This certificate is ideal for sharing with potential employers, including it on your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications. Your certificate is an indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results and also an incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
5 Modules / 4-5 weeks
So often we look at leadership from the bottom up and, needless to say, it is not a pretty picture. It is daunting. Just like a small child at the knee of his mother or father, looking up at adults and adulthood - it is scary! This manual's aim is to look at leadership differently, to take another approach, to embrace the challenges it may bring.
Authentic leadership is a management style in which leaders are genuine, self-aware, and transparent. An authentic leader is able to inspire loyalty and trust in his/her employees by consistently displaying who he/she really is as a person, and how he/she feels about their employees' performance. Authentic leadership is the single strongest predictor of an employee's job satisfaction.
Here, we're going to explore how Authentic Leadership can help you become a better, more inspiring leader, today.
- Section 1 - Goals
- Section 2 - Values & Beliefs
- Section 3 - What is Leadership
- Section 4 - Articles
- Section 5 - Closing
- Certificate of completion
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Lead successfully
- Have goals
- Be confident as yourself and at your workplace
- Successfully handle employees
- Have character and integrity
- Discipline by having proper long term perspectives
- How to be fair, loyal, committed, wise, and deliver excellence
- Reach certain goals and knowing how you will reach them
- Become a planner, forward thinker, and become a strategist who can execute
- Know what is leadership and its characteristics of.
- How to motivate, reward and incentives
- Know what is wealth and happiness
- Know what are meta programs
- know-how are values formed
- have emotional intelligence
- coaching and its benefits
- Situational leadership